BEEF or PORK. Viewer discretion advised! This was on before a T.V. cooking program the other day. Mark and I found it quite funny!
We just returned from our second trip to Chitwan. We are both tired and feeling a bit homesick. A month and a half has past since our arrival. There have been many ups and downs in that time and I know those will continue to take place. However, we love that God is changing us and making us new! He is revealing more of Himself to us daily and for that we rejoice! Mark and I am glad to be in this place.
Last week I went to another women's meeting! However, this one was a bit further away. I woke up at five. And by six we (myself and the pastor's wife of the Kathmandu Friends Churcj) were on a local bus heading into the hills. By 7:30 about five other ladies had joined us for the two hour walk down the hill. It was a beautiful walk, as many fields, hills, and the tops of the Himalayas were visible. Upon our arrival, we started singing and praying. The particular woman we were visiting has had a rough life. Before she became a believer her three sons were murdered while they were living/studying in Kathmandu. Her husband is a believer, but struggles. Therefore, I spoke about clinging on to the Lord. We read from Isaiah 43. After fellowship, we ate and then returned to Kathmandu. I was very sore the next day!
This is Rachel (the pastor's wife). I love her very much! As you can see, it was a cold morning on the bus...therefore, our heads our covered.
This was the road we walking down for two hours. It had rained the night before!
My friend, Ramba! We laugh so much together. She is a blessing.
Here is some of that scenery I was talking about. If you look hard, you can see some Himalayan action!
This is the woman we went to see sitting in her Nepali kitchen.
On the way back, the bus was full of people standing and sitting everywhere, even on the roof of the bus. This old man entertained me as he bossed everyone around and then looked at me to see if I approved!
On Easter morning, we arose again at five to pack and get ready for the day! John and Sangi picked us up for the sunrise service at Kathmandu friends. It was a lovely service, even though we could not understand one word. Afterwords we (the four of us and the pastor of Kathmandu Friends, Amin) departed for Chitwan. Sangi's main focus while in Nepal is sewing classes. Chitwan just purchased six new sewing machines!!! To celebrate the opening of these classes we were joined by some political leaders, church members, and those who are going to take some sewing lessons (Christian and Hindu alike). It was kind of a "kick off" service. The days following, Mark and I attended the Chitwan area meeting, where the topic was honoring the Lord with your wealth. The first day we both spoke to about 300 people (not including over 100 children who were in a nearby tent). It was a good meeting and we are hoping that our lessons on giving will aid the Nepali church into becoming more self-supported! The last day, Mark and I taught the children some stories and songs during the morning session. However, I got a fever in the afternoon from a sinus infection I have contracted. Mark and I rested in a near-by pastor's house in the afternoon. We finished up the evening with a big meal with many of the leaders of the Chitwan churches. All in all, it was a lovely few days.
John and Sangi in the new sewing classroom. This banner marks the occasion.
This is one of the political leaders at the sewing "kick off." He is from the Communist party, but had some nice things to say!
Remember Nira? This is the baby I held a month a month ago and then blogged about her malnourished condition. She has gained weight since I last saw her, her skin is tighter and she loves to eat (according to her mother). She smiled a lot when I held her! Continue to pray for her continued health. She is beautiful!
Me speaking at the meeting! Mark was in charge of the camera a lot on this trip.
The children in their tent!
This is one of the happiest little boys I have ever seen. While we were resting in the pastors house, he kept our spirits up with his laughter!
Mark, Amin and Jason (staying in Chitwan from Easter Region). These were their gifts for speaking. The traditional Nepali hat called a "topi." Surprisingly, they found one that fit Mark's huge head....kind of!
Well, that is all for now...folks. Please continue to pray for us as we are preparing for a trip with Bob Adikary in a few days. We hope your Easter was filled with the power of Christ's Resurrection. We are happy and blessed to say that "He is Risen"...all the way in Nepal! And that power is doing mighty things!
Love, Julie Faith!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
10 comments:




April 7, 2010 at 6:55 AM
Thanks for the update Julie. I hope you are feeling better now and that your travel with Bob goes well. You and Mark are in our prayers many times daily and we are excited to hear what you're up to and what the Lord is doing in your midst! Thank you for the new items for prayer! Lots of love, Mom
April 7, 2010 at 7:26 AM
This was so great to read! You two look so natural there. Except for looking totally different than everyone, but that's not how I mean. Glad to hear the update!
<3 Sarah Walworth
April 7, 2010 at 9:20 AM
It's exciting to hear of all your adventures and all that you are learning and teaching! I'll be praying that the Lord will continue to sustain you.
April 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM
That was good I'm glad I read it. This song just started...it always catches me off guard. We love you guys and we are so proud of what both of you are doing!
April 7, 2010 at 10:10 AM
You guys are such a blessing! Praying continually for you both! Love reading about what you are up to
April 7, 2010 at 10:14 AM
Good job all around. It is still hard to believe you are so far away. You seem to be very happy. The Lord has really blessed you. And that makes us happy, too!
April 7, 2010 at 9:58 PM
April 7, 2010 at 10:01 PM
You guys fit right in. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. God bless you and I pray that God will continue to use you and reveal his further purposes for your life! MUCH love!!!
April 16, 2010 at 2:41 PM
Mark and Julie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to update us. I love all the photos. May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26
~Vicki~
March 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Thank you for the pictures posted on your blog post of memories in Nepal with both.